A Help button can be found in the bottom, right-hand corner of every page. Click on it to open a ticket with Customer Service, set up an appointment to talk, or search our knowledge bank for articles about a keyword you’ve heard.
This is a great option if you’re new to Tapestry or feeling overwhelmed. Set up an appointment with a veteran Tapestry of Grace user who can help answer your specific questions. Click the gray bars below to get see each Presentation Specialist’s biography, skills, and contact information!
Jessica Kramasz (General Presenter)
I began homeschooling nearly 20 years ago. Admittedly, I was the most reluctant homeschooler ever. I was quite certain I couldn’t meet my son’s needs, wasn’t patient enough, and was sure to ruin my kids. But when God calls us to do something for His glory, He makes our path clear. It became clear that the public school system was failing my special needs 7th grader, and the only viable option was to homeschool. We began with a typical school-in-a-box curriculum, but I’ve always had a very natural history and literature with a dash of nature study style, and a box curriculum just wasn’t going to work for us. I tried a variety of things, but once I found Tapestry of Grace everything fell into place. I think I read everything Marcia Somerville ever wrote and it gave me the confidence to homeschool well. Tapestry allowed me to get the classical education that I never received, while teaching my kids together and developing their love of history and literature while keep the theme of God’s hand in human history in focus. They say that Tapestry is a buffet, and that has been the case for us. We have had years where we feasted on all that Tapestry has to offer, and we’ve had years where we’ve done history with a side of geography. Life is ever-changing and so are our homeschool needs, and I’ve learned to adjust Tapestry to suit our current needs. Two of my sons have now graduated, and I have two more at home.
Though homeschooling is my primary focus, I also work part time in Christian ministry, and I am a musician. I lead a homeschool support group and direct history-themed plays with local homeschool kids. I’ve homeschooled kids with various learning disabilities, and love to support and encourage both new and veteran homeschool moms.
Jessica Kramasz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Miller (General Presenter)
Since her conversion at the age of sixteen, Kelly’s passion and calling has been to serve the Lord as a wife and mother. The Lord saw fit to introduce her to her husband at Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, where she earned a B.A. in Religion. She has since added “pastor’s wife” to her calling. Kelly and her husband shared a desire to homeschool their children using a combination of the classical model and Charlotte Mason method with an emphasis on unit studies. Their curriculum choice served their children in the early grammar stage, but after her eldest had spent several years in the public school system due to unexpected family struggles and had asked to return to homeschooling for high school, Kelly realized she needed a stronger academic program. She was invited to join a local co op that was beginning its second year using Tapestry of Grace. How the Lord provided! The Miller family is now entering their sixth year utilizing TOG for their history, geography, and literature studies.
Through her experience with Tapestry, Kelly has discovered a passion for teaching, especially literature and writing. Her eldest is now a junior at Geneva College, and her other two children are at home. Kelly desires to support families as they seek to follow the Lord’s calling to educate their children.
Kelly Miller: email@example.com
Marit Lunstad (Presenter to Groups)
Marit holds a B.A. in Speech Communications and Psychology from St. Olaf College. She worked at a law firm in Tokyo and a financial firm in Minneapolis before leaving the business world to raise her four kids. Her husband, Andrew, is a serial entrepreneur in the tech world, giving her a front row seat to the wild world of startups. When her eldest was four years old, God called her family to homeschool. She struggled with self-confidence and fear of failure because her own education was in a California public school in the 1970-80’s. Both the Charlotte Mason method of education and the classical model interested her, and she tried out different co-ops and curriculums her first four years of homeschooling. When her eldest was finishing third grade, she realized that she needed a Chrisitan mentor to help her give her kids the education that she never received. She found that mentor in Marcia Somerville of Tapestry of Grace. Marit and Marcia have never talked, yet Marit learned from Marcia’s teachings, Tapestry’s scripted Socratic discussions, and the many other resources available with Tapestry of Grace. Marit has been a home educator for 17 years and has used Tapestry for 13 years. A year after starting Tapestry with her own family, she founded a Tapestry co-op with a friend and helped lead its growth from a small co-op in a home to a larger co-op in a church. She graduated three of her kids (colleges: Amherst, Vanderbilt, University of Northwestern, Harvard grad school) and still has one at home. She’s passionate about helping families educate their kids.
Through her journey as a home-educator and co-op leader, she:
- Evaluated other curricula and co-op options and chose Tapestry for her co-op.
- Evaluated and chose additional curricula for the co-op (such as science and memory work).
- Taught every Tapestry subject, both at home and in a co-op setting.
- Has had years with a child in every Tapestry learning level in her own family.
- Oversaw the policies and plans for launching her co-op’s high school program.
- Helped a Tapestry student successfully take AP literature and history exams.
- Helped Tapestry students with different learning abilities (ADHD, dyslexia, twice-exceptional, graphoria)
- Helped Tapestry students apply to local, national, and Ivy League colleges.
- Prayed without ceasing and trusted God’s faithfulness (1 Thessalonians 5:17 and 24)
To set up an appointment with Marit, reach her:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By text: 651.274.3333
Sarah White (General Presenter)
God definitely has a sense of humor in making me a teacher! I vividly remember telling a friend in high school that I did NOT want to be a teacher when I grew up, in reaction to another day of classes where I observed so many of my peers who didn’t want to learn. I just couldn’t understand that reaction to school because I really enjoyed, and still do enjoy, learning!
I don’t really think I understood what I was saying that day however, because I wanted to be a parent and have a lot of kids–I just didn’t want to teach students who didn’t want to learn. I didn’t realize then that parenting and teaching are synonymous, and God uses our children oftentimes to teach us so much about ourselves. (Perhaps most often through conflicts about what they do not want to do!)
Now here we are years later and what do I do but teach my six kids how to learn all about God’s amazing works! It’s been over 21 years since God started my husband and I on this parenting/teaching journey, and I continue to be amazed at all that we get to learn!
- Three complete rotations through Tapestry and counting! (We’re on our 13th year!)
- Have had children in all four learning levels at the same time
- Have done/taught every Tapestry subject with my kids as well as other subjects (like French, Latin, Chemistry, Biology, Economics/Personal Finance, and Food Science)
- Graduated three of my children who have gone on to college, with three still learning at home
- Helped to prepare my students for successful ACT and Clep testing (multiple History, Literature, Science and Math tests)
- Helped students with reading difficulties
- Have the desire to keep learning and to help others, by the grace of God!
Groups and Group Leaders
Would you like to find a Tapestry co-op or start a Tapestry co-op? These resources can help you get started:
- You can open a ticket to contact us, let us know what you are looking for (and where, if applicable), and wait to be connected with a group leader from our directory. If you don’t want to wait for us, you can also explore by yourself:
- On the Ground and In the Air: See our Directory (below).
- In the Air Only: Join the Facebook group (below) for the year you plan to do next, and ask if there are any openings in online groups for that year.
- For prospective Tapestry group leaders, consider contacting Presentation Specialist Marit Lunstad (see above), a veteran Tapestry group leader who can help guide you through the process!
- Also, we invite group leaders or prospective group leaders to consider joining the Tapestry of Grace Group Leaders on Facebook! NOTE: Membership in this group is restricted to current or prospective group leaders. Those seeking only general information about Tapestry will not be admitted.
Co-op and School Directory
On the ground
- Tapestry of the Desert
Meets at: Crossroads Nazarene Church in Chandler, AZ (contact Amy Tammany at 480-215-2268)
- The Master’s Community
9800 Carroll Centre Road
San Diego, CA 92126
(contact May Andrade at email@example.com)
- Cowboy at the Cross Co-op, On the Ground – Hybrid – Delta, Colorado. Contact: Tonya Huspen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mighty Oaks Enrichment Center
Meets twice a week. We use Tapestry for our middle and high school students.
- Tapestry of West Columbus, meeting in West Jefferson, OH. (contact Laura Neely at email@example.com)
- Tapestry Co-op forming in Claremore, OK (contact Tabita Kubiak at 440-897-4168).
In the Air
- PREPkids pre-K and K (contact Elizabeth Moris at 320-296-0385).
- Shemah Tapestry Virtual Co-op (contact Elizabeth Jacobi at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tapestry TOGether Online Co-op
Rhetoric, Dialectic, and Grammar Level Classes, including writing.
Contact: Stephanie Monroe
- Vestis Madres virtual co-op. (contact ToGVestisMadres@gmail.com, or April Hill (805) 441-2282)
- Virtual Threads Co-op (contact Marcie Harper email@example.com)
- Aletheia TOG Discipleship Academy (contact Kristy Gilkey at 559-289-7039 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Visit one of our Facebook Groups and ask any question of our community. This is a great place for ideas on how to customize Tapestry, ideas on how to get started using Tapestry, finding answers to questions, connecting with other Tapestry users, buying and selling used curriculum, connecting with other group leaders, etc. Our main Facebook page has a list of all of the Tapestry groups:
*Restricted to those who are, or are hoping shortly to become, leaders for a Tapestry of Grace group learning environment such as a co-op or school (either on the ground or in the air).
Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
COMING SOON: Our Blog will contain all the same articles written by the authors of Tapestry and veteran Tapestry users. You can search our blog for specific topics, or simply browse and learn.