Spools Student Manuals: 2021 Content Updates
If you want to use Spools Student Manuals and Teacher Manuals together, you will definitely want the 2021 Edition of the Student Manuals, though the 2020 Edition of the Spools Student Manuals (easier to use with 2020 Edition Integrated Tapestry) is still available to purchase. Below are some of the changes that you will see in the 2021 Edition of Spools Subjects Student Manuals and Teacher Manuals:
- We updated vocabulary to better reflect students’ abilities in the LG and UG levels
- We updated some people and timeline items across all applicable levels
- We updated the writing options (taken from DE) at all levels
- We edited the introductory history background information for LG and UG to make it more readable at lower levels
- We added History thinking questions (taken from Pop Quiz for both LG and UG, with perhaps some additional questions that we will add for UG students).
- We included all these (plus answers to the thinking questions for LG and UG) in the NEW Spools Teacher Manuals for all appropriate levels.
- We incorporated some notes from Planning Aids (though not the planning charts) into the NEW Spools Lower Grammar and Upper Grammar Teacher Manuals
- Student and Teacher maps are included with the Full Rack and Geography Spools
Using Spools Subjects Products with Integrated Tapestry**
In 2020, Spools Subjects Student Workbooks were essentially a re-arrangement of the 2020 Edition Tapestry of Grace DE material, and could easily be used as a sort of Student Activity Packet (SAP)for that edition.
The booklists for 2021 Spools Subjects are still the same as those for the 2020 Edition Integrated Tapestry. However, as listed above, changes are now being made to Spools Subjects Student Manuals for the 2021 Edition to bring them into alignment with the new Teacher Manuals.
Therefore, owners of Integrated Tapestry (also called Tapestry DE) should be careful to examine Spools Subject samples and compare them with Integrated Tapestry samples (both available in Go to Egypt format) before making a choice about whether to purchase the 2021 Edition of Spools Subjects Student Manual 2021 products for their students. You may prefer to purchase the 2020 Edition of Spools Subjects Student Manuals, or simply print Student Activity Pages from the Loom that comes with Integrated Tapestry.
Lampstand Press does expect and intend to retrofit such useful elements as updated vocabulary and new Grammar level History discussion questions into Integrated Tapestry of Grace, but we will wait to begin that massive undertaking until after the Spools Teacher Manuals have been completed so that all useful elements from Spools Subjects Student Manuals and Teacher Manuals can be added to Integrated Tapestry of Grace at the same time. We do not expect to begin that project until sometime in 2023.
* The final products are still in progress and may differ slightly from these samples.
**For more details about similarities and differences between Integrated Tapestry of Grace, 2020 Spools Subjects, and 2021 Spools Subjects, click here, or search “Spools” in the Help button (lower right-hand corner of any of our web pages).
Will Spools Subjects work with my 2020 edition of the Integrated DE curriculum?
What are the differences between Spools and Integrated TOG?